Dragon Powers

Welcome to the Dragon Powers Forum!
Remember to join the Chatland, too! dragonpowers.chatlands.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Powers

Welcome to the Dragon Powers Forum!
Remember to join the Chatland, too! dragonpowers.chatlands.com

Dragon Powers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dragon Powers

Welcome to the forum for the 2D chatland Dragon Powers!

2 posters

How to make pose (my way)

Poll

was this tutorial helpful?

[ 0 ]
    How to make pose (my way) Bar_left0%How to make pose (my way) Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    How to make pose (my way) Bar_left100%How to make pose (my way) Bar_right [100%] 

Total Votes: 1
    Hazards
    Hazards
    Elemental Shaman
    Elemental Shaman

How to make pose (my way) Empty How to make pose (my way)

Post by Hazards Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi guys! I just wanna make a little tutorial about how to make poses!

Starting
    So, you should use a program with layers and transparency (do NOT use MS paint but to sketch with) in order to use the smallest amount of time. In this tutorial i will use Paint Tool SAI.

So you should start with a new canvas, picture is you will, but do, and I mean it, do NOT, NEVER, EVER have it over 250 times 250 pixels!! That makes it much bigger than it needs to be. Around 150 x 150 px is fine. Here i will use 128 x 128 px.

Sketch
    Sketching is the key to the basic shape of the pose so i prefer sketching. Some people starts with circles, sticks or just starting right to the point.
    How to make pose (my way) Tuto1nx On the image i marked with circles to head, chest and butt. The greatest artists usually starts off like this. So to the next:

Inking
    Probably the most important thing yet xD There is all kind of different ways to ink, depends on the program, but what most have in common is probably a brush/pencil/pen. With the Paint Tool SAI you got a special inking layer with different brushes from the ones you normally uses and Photoshop CS (I'm not sure with Elements or Touch) have an Inking Pen. You can find a lot of tutorials about the secrets of the inking layer and How to use PS inking pen tutorials around the web.

Inking is just basic: Color around the shapes to make a form.
    How to make pose (my way) Tuto1s

Shading/scaling
    If you want cell-shading or realistic shading does not matter. You can of course stop here if you are gonna make a freebie so other people must shade it, or you can shade it for them. To have a chatlands pose to be accepted, it HAVE to be shaded/scaled. If not the pose wont be accepted.

Find out where you want the light source to be (I just draw a sun somewhere) and then imagine how it would look like if it was real!
    How to make pose (my way) Tuto1ku
    Tip: Make a base under the inking, makes it easier to shade.

And there we got the pose! How to make pose (my way) Tuto1f

Free to use my pose, and please don't be mad if there is something you're wondering about. This is (one of) my first (pose) tutorial(s). Hope you enjoy your pose :D
    Nekare
    Nekare
    Alpha
    Owner

AlphaOwner

How to make pose (my way) Empty Re: How to make pose (my way)

Post by Nekare Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:58 pm

Thank you for posting this Ash!
    This will be useful for many! Wink

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:05 pm